28.4.17

I WON CAMP NANO | a week by week recap + lots and lots of gifs


Guys.


I did it.


I WON!!!!




I’ve never actually won NaNo before, so I feel really accomplished!! Week by slow week crawled by endlessly. And then, I realized: “I AM LITERALLY REALLY CLOSE TO MY GOAL”. And I wrote. And wrote. Until...I WON!!!!




April 1st-7th:


Yes! I am SO ready to write! Let’s do this thing. *is feeling the week one happiness* I’M SO HAPPY AND I BELIEVE IN ME.





April 8th-14th:


This writing a bunch thing is getting a little hard, but I believe I can make it!! I WANT TO GIVE UP THOUGH BUT I MUST NOT.





April 15th-22nd:


*distant sobbing* I’m not gonna make it!!!! *drama, crying, and chocolate* I JUST. CAN’T. DO IT. *dies slowly and painfully but doesn’t really die but just sits there a mess*





April 22nd-26th:


*is still in pajamas at 4pm* I. can. do. it. YES I CAN. *writes furiously* *cheers self on* CAN WE DO IT? YES. WE. CAAANNNN!!!!! *realizes that my manuscript is a complete mess AND that I shall have to edit it later*





TODAY (April 27th):


*suddenly realizes that I have 300 words till I meet my goal* YES. HALLELUJAH. THANK GOODNESS. *writes while checking word count literally every 2 minutes* *validates word count* *chews nails while watching site load* *crying, cheering, and sobbing when the numbers 10,006 pops up* I DID IT. ALL THOSE SWEAT AND TEARS FOR 10,000 STINKIN’ WORDS, BUT I. DID. IT. *jumps around in happiness*


I am just so relieved and happy, guys. April has been one of the most stressful months this year for me. Thanks so much for your support in my novel! I've got 10,000 words on it!!!! I'll try to write as fast as I can and get this done. I'm so excited to write the next book, and the next, and the next, and the next. I'm guessing this book will be somewhere between 20-40,000 words (I'm hoping 40,000, though).

GAH I ACTUALLY FINISHED CAMP.

Ok, I'm gonna go rest now. I'm tired. Really tired. Plus I have Bible study tonight, so, yeah. I MUST REST.
Ok, I'm too lazy to write questions right now. Just talk to me. Congratulate me tell me I'm crazy if you didn't do NaNo and hug me cry with me if you did. *flops down on bed* GOOD. NIGHT.

13 comments :

  1. YAS ANIKA! GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL. *scurries off to write my remaining five pages so I can win too* XDD

    (also those gifs are goals XD Hiro banging his head on the desk is literally me, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES SARAH THANK YOU. *cheers you on* YOU CAN DO IT!!! XD

      (YES I love them so much. <3)

      Delete
  2. Aww, yas! Haha, those week-by-week things are totally me. I think we're all like WHOOP WHOOP in the first two weeks, and then we just slump in our third. XD I WON CAMP TOO!!! I was like HOLY CRAP I ONLY HAVE LIKE 700 MORE WORDS and then I wrote. *nods* It was great. I'm surprised I won early though (on Sunday), because for the real NaNo, I wrote 15K, and won on the last day. But April I had no week off from school (like November) and I STILL FINISHED EARLY. Also, yes, those gifs. XD Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Yep! It's amazing how quickly your feelings about something can change. ;) YES GOOD JOB! I saw your post, but never got around to commenting on it. XD YES THAT'S HOW I FELT. I actually didn't think I would do it, and I was really shocked when I won early, too. Gifs are so amazing!! They make me happy. Thanks! Congrats to you. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad someone finished, XD
    GOOD JOB ANIKAAAA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!!! Did you finish? Well, even if you didn't, GOOD JOB DAISYYYYYYYYYY!!! :)

      Delete
    2. I ended up dropping out... *sniff* I had never lost a nano before.... But idid work on a different project and get to a good place on it:)

      Delete
    3. Aww, ok. I've only ever lost nano, so I was pretty stoked... :P I'm glad you got something done! :D

      Delete
  4. You go, girl!!
    AMAZING JOB, ANIKA!
    And, btw those gif's are making me lol =DD
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaidyn! XD I couldn't stop laughing when I edited the post :D ;) :P

      Delete
    2. Your welcome!! =DD Haha! =P
      Jaidyn Elise

      Delete
  5. congratttss!! great job. i've heard a lot about camp nano but i have no idea what that is about haha!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Oh, really? You should check it out for July Camp! Here's the site: https://campnanowrimo.org/

      Delete

A comment makes my day! But, please remember that this is a God-honoring blog. Please be nice and do not use foul language of any kind. Thanks!!

Back to Top