1.9.17

five ways writing has changed me and my life


Writing has become a huge part of my life.

I seriously can't imagine living without writing. How did I survive without writing??!


But, the important thing is that now, I am a pen head. I'd really rather be nothing else.

Writing has changed me and my life in sooooooo many ways. I don't remember how past me lived in such non-writerly-ness. It's a mystery to humankind.

What are a few ways that writing has changed my life, you ask? There are a million billion out there, but here are six of them...


{ my idea for a career has changed }

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a chef. It was my dream. I'd go to culinary school, become the best chef in the world, and open a cute little cafe in my small town.

Then...writing came along, and my views swerved a little.

I no longer want to go to culinary school. I still love cooking, but I can't see it as my main profession anymore. Writing on the other hand...yes, I can see myself penning out books and getting them published for the rest of my life.

{ i don't play video games anymore }

I used to LOVE playing video games - whether on the computer or the tablet. Minecraft, Crossy Road, all those popular games. That was my thing. If I was aloud to, I was playing video games.

Then...writing came along. Games? Nah. I'm going at some new story idea. Time on the tablet? I'm not using it to beat my high score, I'm browsing the web for writing articles or reading writing related books.

Sure, I'll think every now and then, "hey, I should see if I can beat this level that I couldn't before". Every now and then as in one a month. That's a lot less often than before.

{ there's always a movie in my head }

Okay, I would say story, but what author imagines scenes from their books without background music and fake explosions?

None, duh. That's why it's called a movie.

Anyway, there's always something going on in this head of mind. Sometimes, I'll have my favorite scenes from my book on repeat in my head, just watching them over and over and over...

Which brings me to my next difference:

{ i stare at absolutely nothing a lot }

Sometimes, I'll be sitting down or something with nothing to do, so I'll think, "why not watch that one scene, that I love so much over and over and over again in my head? What an amazing waste of my precious time".

So I'll sit there, stare at the wall, and do that. Sometimes I get so sucked in that someone has to shout my name or slap me in the face to get my attention.

Okay, they've never slapped me in the face before, but it will happen eventually. I know it.

{ i don't read as often }

Now, hold yer horses. I still read a lot. 55.5% of the time I'm doing something related to words - which is usually reading, writing, or school.

But over half of that 55.5% is writing. And then the other half is split between school and reading.

You're probably going "OH MY WORD ANIKA ONLY READS THAT MUCH????" Again, pull the reins back because that's still a lot. It's just...not as much as before I discovered this amazing thing called WRITING.


Well, there you go. Five ways writing has changed me and my life.

Are you a writer?

How has writing (or reading) changed your life?


Until we meet again,

6 comments :

  1. Definitely changed my life. :) Except I've been doing it as long as I can remember, so... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember before I started pursuing writing (mostly because I was six when I started, XD) so I HAD NO CHILDHOOD *crisis*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I pretty much had no childhood, either. Don't worry. You're not alone. *winks*

      Delete
  3. thanks so much, Charis! And, of course you can! You don't even have to give me credit. It would be really cool to see a post like this from you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are totally me. :) My siblings give me strange looks when I just sit on my bed and stare at nothingness, when really I'm watching a scene play out and imagining the characters fall in love. XD XD And the games - yesss! My brothers and I used to LOVE Webkinz, but now I get on once a month or so...
    ~ Light4theLord

    ReplyDelete

A comment makes my day! But, please remember that this is a God-honoring blog. Please be nice and do not use foul language of any kind. Thanks!!

Back to Top